Unless someone we love and depend on dies and we are left alone and in debt or destitute!!
We all make promises in life. Promises to our landlords, our creditors, our children and to our partners in life. Most of us go to work because we need to earn an income so that we can keep our promises. What would happen to you (and yours) if you were too sick to work and couldn’t earn an income?
But let’s consider the facts:
- 1 out of 4 of today’s 20 year olds will become disabled before they retire
- The average period of disability is 34.6 months
- 1 in 8 workers will be disabled for 5 years or more during their working lives
- Most disabilities are caused by sickness, rather than accidents are NOT eligible for ACC income support
- The WINZ benefit for a single person aged 25+ who is too sick to work is $215.88 per week
- If your household depends on two incomes AND you earn $630 per week before tax, then your partner is NOT entitled to a WINZ sickness benefit if they are too sick to work
- 1 out of 5 young couples will be widowed during their working lives
The simple reality is that if you are too sick to work OR die too soon you won’t be able to keep your promises in life.
IF you want to make sure that you don’t end up sick and broke or leave your loved ones in debt or destitute, you need to talk to us about income and life insurance.